The Organization's main mission is to promote a culture of civic engagement and participation towards the democratic process in the country; to develop and implement mechanisms for accountability and civic control over the public institutions and their activity; to introduce new practices and models, that can strenghten the activity of the public administration.
The IPED brings together people with extensive practical and theoretical experience in the field of public administration, local governance and civic activism. Our main goals are to disseminate ideas and information, and to build partnerships in support of the civil society development. We strive to create conditions that can guarantee respect for the rights and legitimate interests of all citizens.
The principal purposes of our organization are related to:
- Promotion of the civic culture and assertion of values and principles of the democratic law and order;
- Encouragement of the citizen control, and popularisation of the forms of civic participation in governance;
- Improvement of the mechanisms that can ensure transparency and accountability of the public environment;
- Capacity building of the public administration and improvement of the governance in the public sector;
- Research and investigation over the processes within the public environment, leading to meaningful disclosure of its state and practices.
You can follow us to Our Team.