The Organization's main mission is to promote a culture of civic engagement and participation towards the democratic process in the country; to develop and implement mechanisms for accountability and civic control over the public institutions and their activity; to introduce new practices and models, that can strenghten the activity of the public administration.
The IPED brings together people with extensive practical and theoretical experience in the field of public administration, local governance and civic activism. Our main goals are to disseminate ideas and information, and to build partnerships in support of the civil society development. We strive to create conditions that can guarantee respect for the rights and legitimate interests of all citizens.
The principal purposes of our organization are related to:
- Promotion of civil culture and assertion of the values and principles of democratic law and order;
- Encouragement of citizen control and popularization of the forms of citizen participation in governance;
- Improvement of the mechanisms ensuring transparency and accountability in the public environment;
- Building the capacity of public administration and improvement of governance in the public sector;
- Keeping the public better informed for the European public policies and advocacy for publically important issues before the national and EU institutions;
- Study and investigation of processes in the public environment, and making public the state of the public environment.
You can follow us to Our Team.